Last week I talked about writing-related magazines, so this week I started thinking about other material that helps with my writing abilities and techniques.
There are probably hundreds of books about creative writing, or writing in general, but here are a few of mine (the first two are no big surprise):
- Wannabe a Writer? by Jane Wenham-Jones, plus the sequel Wannabe a Writer We've Heard Of?.
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss.
- How Not to Write a Novel by Sandra Newman & Howard Mittelmark.
- Write to be Published by Nicola Morgan.
- Writing Crime Fiction by Janet Laurence.
- On Writing by Stephen King.
- Short Circuit – A Guide to the Art of the Short Story edited by Vanessa Gebbie.
- Moving On – From Short Story to Novel by Della Galton.
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne & Dave King.
- The Seven Basic Plots by Christopher Booker.
Which books have you found that help you with your writing careers?